What is Breathwork?
Odds are you’ve already done Breathwork it and that’s why you’re on my site in the first place. If you haven’t done it before and a friend told you to try it, let me explain the inexplicable.
A Little Background
“Breathwork” is an umbrella term for various types of breathing practices. Some of them have different names for slight twists on the same thing. Just a few of the names you’ll hear are, “Transformational Breathwork”, “Clarity Breathwork”, or “Shamanic Breathwork”; the list goes on. A lot of people teaching this work want to trademark or brand it, but personally, I think this adds to the confusion. Truth is, it’s all a modernized form of Pranayama, a practice with a long history from India.
How it’s done
It’s done lying down on your back in a comfortable position, while music is playing to help motivate, relax and release anything that’s stuck. I’ll guide you through the process. It’s powerful and can be profound. It can start to feel challenging in the beginning but I’m sure you’ve done lots of things tougher then laying on the floor breathing.
What you may experience…
* Ability to manifest greater abundance
* Deep healing of wounds, grief and traumas
* Access to expanded states of consciousness, including higher guidance and clarity
* Transcendence of the mind and emotions
* Awakening to the truth of who you really are
* Release of toxins from the cells of the body
* Mystical revelations
* Massive stress relief and deep relaxation
* Greater self-love and more loving relationships
* Emotional Balance
* Relief from physical pain
* Increased connection to source
* Overwhelming feelings of joy
* Deep inner peace
* Feelings of connectedness & oneness to arise
I know your first reaction to such a crazy list of possible experiences is, “Bullshit!” That’s why I always want people to come and try it, to see for themselves. The truth is, Breathwork is something that cannot be described; it can only truly be experienced.
What it’s not
Hyperventilating; I’ve heard people suggest this before. It’s always someone who’s never actually done it. Hyperventilating is when you exhale more oxygen than you’re taking in. In Breathwork we actually try to take in as much oxygen as we can.
When should you start
Now. Don’t overthink it. It doesn’t matter where you’re at or what’s going on in your life, now is the best time to start. Breathwork is different for everybody and different every time. I know this sounds like a lot to deliver, but it you’ve done it then you already know and if you haven’t, don’t take my word for it. Try it and find out for yourself.