Why and How to do a Live Virtual Breathwork Class Online
Many people think you have to be there in person to get the full benefits of Breathwork…I admit, I actually thought this too. But I was wrong. Participating in a Live Virtual Breathwork session online is in some ways, more powerful than attending a class and here’s why…
Breathwork often creates a great emotional release, which most of us need. Most of us hold all this stuff inside without even realizing it. There are studies that confirm that suppressing negative emotions such as anger, anxiety, and depression may increase the risk of dying from heart disease and certain forms of cancer. It is more important than ever that we find a way to clear these negative emotions from ourselves. I’ve tried everything out there and in my experience, nothing does this better and faster than Breathwork.
Some people aren’t comfortable being so vulnerable next to a total stranger in a classroom setting. They don’t want anyone hearing them or seeing them afterward. Breathwork at home allows you to fully let go in a way that most of us can’t do in class.
Also, you don’t have to get up and drive home after the experience. You can lay in your space and enjoy it for as long as you like.
A few people have already done this with family members that they couldn’t get to come to class, and they’ve had great experiences and have grown closer as a result.
You’ll be pleasantly surprised at just how awesome it really is. Before I tried Breathwork, I never would have believed that lying down and breathing this way would change my life, but it has. Be open minded and give it an honest try – I think you’ll be happy with what you discover.
NOTE: If it’s your first time doing Live Virtual Breathwork online, don’t wait until the time the class is scheduled to read these instructions. If you do, you’ll be late and miss important information you need to do the correct breathing technique.
This must be done on a computer (cell phones won’t work). You must use Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser. For best results, make sure you have a good internet connection.
- Go to breathewithjp.com at least 15-20 minutes early the first time, in order to do all the preliminary steps and navigate the website.
- Click on the “Live Virtual Class” button on the Home page. That will take you to another page with the following steps:
- Fill out the liability waiver by clicking the blue tab on the bottom right-hand corner and submit it (you cannot do the class if you have not filled out a waiver).
- Click on the PayPal button drop-down arrow and pay for the number of people taking the class at your location. You can pay through PayPal even if you don’t have an account.
- Click on the Live Virtual Class page and click the “Live Virtual Classroom” button at the bottom of Step 4. This will automatically take you to the Live Virtual Classroom Screen where I’ll be waiting – live! In the box, in your name for the session. Other people will be there, but you won’t be able to see one another.
- Congrats! You’re in! Now set up your space (suggestions below)
(Note: If you don’t pay, PayPal will automatically drop you out of the classroom until you do.)
How to Set Up your Space for Live Virtual Breathwork Online
Set up the computer so that it’s next to your space. Headphones are ideal if you’re solo. If you’re doing it with other people, I suggest connecting to external speakers if you have them.
If this is your first time doing Breathwork, I suggest setting up the computer so I can see you from the waist up when you’re lying down. Have the light on in the room so I can see if you’re doing the breathing technique correctly.
Again, I’m the only one who can see you, and you can turn the camera off if you’ve done this before or if you prefer to have it off. Also, if your internet connection is bad, turning the camera off may help. The camera icon is at the top middle of your box with your cursor.
Set up a yoga mat, blanket or whatever you want to lay on. I’ve done it on planes, beaches, and hotel room floors, so anything works. Don’t make excuses.
An eye mask, eye pillow, or face cloth to cover your eyes is really helpful for a lot of people to help let go.
It’s ideal to do Breathwork when your stomach is not too full, so I suggest not eating anything at least two hours prior to the session if possible. It still works if you’ve eaten, it’s just best not to have giant cheeseburger right before 😉
Show up fully for the session, just because you’re at home doesn’t mean you can be lazy.